Monday, October 6, 2014

Hontanas - Boadillas del Camino       28 kms

Last night was a great communal meal. The twelve of us ate a very good paella made by one of the Cubano brothers. The diners reflected the international make up of pilgrims on this walk.  There was John from Colorado, whom we first met in Roncesvalles. An elderly gentleman from New Mexico. Albert from Barcelona whom we shared a room with in Puente de la Reina. Alberto, an Italian who studied Zen Buddhism in Japan. Four single women - from the UK, Germany, Hungary and South Korea.  Finally a Belgian couple that was walking with a mule - from Belgium to Portugal. Not sure we were the twelve apostles, but we drank enough vino to convince a non- believer.
Today's walk was hard in part because I was carrying some of Les' things because she had tweak her back.  Adding two or three extra pounds to the back makes a big difference.  Additional we were walking into a 2 or 3 club wind the entire way. I was continuously practicing a knock down 6 iron from 120 yards at Bandon Dunes. Mile after mile I hit that shot until I began to birdie every hole......the Meseta is beginning to play tricks on my mind.
While I was not fantasizing my Tiger-like prowess, I was admiring the beauty of the walk. I hope some of the pictures captured it.

No comments:

Post a Comment