Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gonzar - Melide     31kms

We have pushed on these past few days as we intend to arrive in Santiago on Thursday, a day earlier than expected. Amazing to think we only have two days and 50 kilometers left. It will be a total of 30 days of walking.
  The "feel" of the Camino seems to have changed. Maybe it's because the weather is so odd for Galicia - dry and very warm. Or that we are not seeing members of our Camino family on a daily basis. But mostly it's all the new shoes one sees- a sure sign of a new peregrino. The fact is you really don't need new shoes for this section - flipflops would suffice. Additionally, lots more "Buen Camino" greetings...I'm so over that - a plain "Hola" will suffice, thank you!  .....Yes, yes, all kinda mean, but I'm only 2 days away from receiving my Compostela - which will assure me less time in purgatory - so I can say whatever I want!
  We saw lots of horreos today. Hence the photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment